Recipes so Good, They’re Only in Print. Nearly Four Decades of Delish!
The Junior League of Rochester has published two celebrated cookbooks: Applehood & Motherpie and For Goodness Taste. Our cookbooks hold hundreds of timeless dishes straight from our members’ recipe box, each meeting a rigorous vetting process for inclusion. From three-ingredient appetizers and make-ahead meals to show-stopping roasts and elegant entertaining, our recipes have been served in thousands of homes since 1981.
Heralded as “a cherished guide for anyone who cooks at home” by the Democrat & Chronicle, we are thrilled to reintroduce our cookbooks to a new generation of budding local foodies and their families.
In the Press:
Junior League of Rochester Cookbooks are woven into the American culinary tapestry and are frequently featured in the press. Notable media include:
- Democrat & Chronicle: Applehood & Motherpie is a recipe for success
- Wall Street Journal: Recipe: Apple Bread
- Home in the Finger Lakes: Profile & Three Recipe Reviews
- Cooking with the Junior League: Applehood & Motherpie (and Abolitionists & Anarchists)
- Kristen at Home: Nostalgic Cooking with Applehood & Motherpie (Winner of our 2018 Rochester Influencer Holiday Campaign)
Softcover cookbooks are now $12.99, and hardcovers are now $19.99.
Purchasing your cookbooks through our website and other authorized retailers are the only way proceeds will directly support the Junior League of Rochester:
- The Op Shop (89 Charlotte Street, Rochester)
- Western New York Welcome Center
Are you a local retailer who is interested in selling Junior League Cookbooks? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our current wholesale and consignment programs.