We are so pleased you are considering becoming a volunteer in the JLR!
As a first step in becoming a Junior League of Rochester member, each woman is required to attend a Fall, Winter or Summer Admissions Provisional session (beginning in September, January or May, respectively). Each session offers provisional members an opportunity to gain a solid foundation of the Junior League’s mission, goals, organizational structure, the chance to meet other JLR provisional and active members, and the challenge of completing a provisional project and presenting the results.
Once a woman decides to join the Junior League of Rochester, she begins her Provisional Membership experience as she:
- Joins an Admissions Provisional training session (3-4 months long)
- Learns about the JLR by attending class, connects with a mentor, and immerses in the JLR through a variety of social and volunteer meetings and events
- Pays a Provisional fee and League dues (prorated depending on time of year)
- Completes a Member Compact (personalized engagement plan)
- Completes a group project with fellow Admission Provisional Members and is inducted in active membership!
We will provide you with:
- Resources including a Provisional Member Handbook to help educate you on the Junior League of Rochester as well as the Association of Junior League International Inc (AJLI)
- Opportunities to connect with like minded women starting their Junior League provisional membership and active members
Questions? Submit the Membership Interest Form or email: email@example.com. We’re excited to meet you!